Tuesday, February 17, 2009

McDonald's






I had my first urge to yell at someone else's kid. I met my sister Kristine and her daughter Bella at McDonald's so the little tots could play. All was well for quite a while until a little boy probably around 18 months started following Jack around the play area. At first I thought no big deal he probably wants to make friends. Well according to my daughter Madi the little boy reached down and scratched Jack's nose, I did not see this because it happened in a tree tunnel. Jack didn't cry he just crawled away from the boy. Then the little boy followed him and reached down and scratched Jack's big chunky cheek leaving a bloody scratch and Jack definitely cried after that one. My first reaction was to comfort my son which left the little boy able to make a run for it. I don't know if I should have told his mother or said something to the kid. All I know is that I wanted to strangle my son's attacker, but he was a kid! Ugh, I feel weird. Later, the same boy came over and drank my daughter Emma's orange soda. His mom saw this incident and offered to pay for it but I told her not to worry about it, I think this may have been the appropriate time to tell her about her son's behavior towards Jack but I didn't think about that until after she had left.






On a happier note, here are some adorable pictures of my neice and Jack playing.



1 comment:

  1. such cute photos. i love photos!!

    It really is hard to decide when to step in and say something to another child’s parent…what were you supposed to say, oh that’s ok that he drank her soda but you may want to be sure you scrub under his nails really well tonight since my son’s flesh is surely under there. Or…um, please trim your warewolf’s nails, thanks. I guess if the kids actions could cause another child (namely yours!) to get hurt you say something. You’ll never see her again anyway!

    ReplyDelete